A Wellcome Trust funded flow cytometry specialist function is available at the Immunology Unit of Dr. Tineke Cantaert at Institut Pasteur Cambodia. We are seeking a motivated and experienced operator to maintain a FACSCanto II and to implement a new FACSAria III in the Institute.
- Implement the functioning of a new FACS ARIA III
- Maintain, calibrate, operate, and troubleshoot flow cytometry analytical and cell sorter equipment
- Operate high-speed cell sorter
- Develop of standard operating procedures and quality standards in flow cytometry
- Collaborate with researchers in the design, execution and analysis of flow cytometry assays
- Maintain and organize schedules for cell sorting and cell analysis
- Maintain inventory of flow cytometry reagents and supplies
- Training of junior scientists in flow cytometry
- Master Degree with experience working in a flow cytometry core facility
- Independent experience in operating a flow cytometry cell sorter
- Experience with BD equipment preferred
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of flow cytometry instrumentation and methodology
- Rigor in design and execution of standardized laboratory procedures
- Experience with flow cytometry data analysis and visualization
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills, verbal and written communication skills
The successful candidate will be part of a team of international researchers and participate in international research programs in a highly competitive scientific environment. You will be implemented in exiting research projects focusing on the host response to infectious diseases.
The Institute Pasteur Cambodia provides cutting edge biomedical research in bacteriology, virology, parasitology, immunology and epidemiology on pathogens endemic to South-East Asia. Institut Pasteur Cambodia is part of the Institut Pasteur International Network (IPIN), located in 26 countries on five continents, united by a shared mission to improve human health trough biomedical research. Present in numerous endemic areas, the network is a demonstrated fore player in identification and characterization of emerging infectious diseases.
The position is full time for 1 year with the possibility of prolongation and is available April 2020. Salary is competitive to international standards and includes expatriate package.
Please send your application via email with CV, motivation letter, a brief outline of previous research, and contact details of two references to Tineke Cantaert (email@example.com). More information can be found on http://www.pasteur-kh.org/immunology-unit