The Keystone Symposia Conference, organized in collaboration with the University of Hong Kong and the Croucher Foundation, will be held in October in Hong Kong.
Submit an abstract and register today for Keystone Symposia’s upcoming conference on “Framing the Response to Emerging Virus Infections” scheduled for October 14-18, 2018 at The University of Hong Kong. This conference is organized in collaboration with The University of Hong Kong and Croucher Foundation.
Organized by Drs. Ralph A. Tripp of the University of Georgia, Suresh Mahalingam of Griffith University, John W. Lowenthal, Andrew G. Bean of Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization and Malik Peiris of The University of Hong Kong, the three-day conference will:
1) Identify the gaps in knowledge and critical barriers to progress in the field by developing an understanding of how viruses – including Zika, Ebola, MERS and influenza – can transmit between a reservoir and new host species, and identifying those aspects of the disease process that offer opportunities for therapy and prevention;
2) Explore why zoonotic diseases matter, their association with agriculture, the importance of surveillance and early detection, and the difficulties of dealing with diseases that involve both medical and veterinary communities;
3) Bring together virologists, immunologists, epidemiologists, those working in anti-viral strategies and others in related biomedical fields who do not usually attend the same meetings.
University of Hong Kong/Croucher Foundation Travel Awards enable attendance of students, postdoctoral fellows and regional scientists from East and Southeast Asia to attend this conference. Scholarships, requiring submission of an abstract, are available to graduate students and postdoctoral fellows from any nation. Short talk speakers will be chosen from all abstracts submitted by the abstract deadline.
• Travel Award Application – May 15, 2018
• Scholarship Applications and Discounted Abstract – June 14, 2018
• Abstract – July 17, 2018
• Discounted Registration – August 14, 2018
For more information, please visit Keystone Symposia.